Please note that only those customers that are based in the US can open a UPS account number online. If you are located in a country other than the US, you will need to contact Customer Service for your country location to open UPS account number.
In order to use the UPS APIs from Odoo, you will need to have the items listed below:
- UPS.com user ID and password
- UPS account number
- Access Key
An Access Key is a 16 character alpha-numeric code that allows access to the UPS Developer Kit API Development and Production servers.
Create an UPS Account
To register with MyUPS.com, please follow these steps:
1. Access the UPS.com web site at www.ups.com, and click the New User link at the top of the page.
2. Click the Register for MyUPS button, and follow the prompts to complete the registration process.
To open an account with UPS and receive a UPS shipper number, please follow the steps below:
Once you have created a UPS.com user ID profile you will need to add your UPS account number to your UPS.com profile, please follow the steps below:
1. Log in to the UPS.com site (http://www.ups.com) using your UPS.com User ID and Password.
- Click the My UPS tab.
- Click the Account Summary link.
4. Click the Add an Existing UPS Account link in the UPS Account Details section of the page.
5. In the Add New Account screen, enter the UPS Account Number, Account Name, and Postal Code fields. The country automatically defaults to United States. If desired, select the Make this my default payment account link to set the account as the default billing method for the profile.
- Click the Next button to continue.
Get an Access Key
After you have added your UPS account number to your user ID profile you can request an Access Key from UPS using the steps below:
- Log into UPS.com with your user ID and password.
2. Go to the UPS Developer Kit web page https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US
- Click on the link Request an access key.
- Verify the Primary Contact Information
- Enter the Secondary Contact Information
- Click the Request Access Key button.
Once completed, the Access Key will be provided to you on the web page, and an email with the Access Key will be sent to the email address for the primary contact information.